Learn the healing practices of yoga and qigong. You'll feel younger, healthier and happier.
Winter 2018 Courses:
I. Yoga for Beginners:
Lynne Ann Paterson, ERYT-500, certified yoga instructor
Learn the basics of a well-rounded beginner yoga practice in these entry level courses. Beginner Yoga is suitable for you, if you are brand new to yoga, out of practice, or prefer a gentle class. Each course has a focus, so you can get familiar with different types of poses. Over the course of a year, you will move through all the major poses and build a solid practice. Whenever you are ready for more challenging poses, or a more athletic pace you are welcome to attend our other yoga classes.
Strong Spine, Joyful Heart: Basic Backbends
April 30 - June 25
Mondays @ 6:00-7:15pm
No class Memorial Day, May 28
This course will focus on the practice of basic backbends, which will strengthen your back muscles and open your heart. These seriously fun postures are a perfect anitidote for modern living. They will counter the negative effects of prolonged sitting and slouching - including the tension in your back. Backbends are better than expresso as they provide great energy, without the caffeine.
Yoga for Beginners courses include:
* Natural breathing and basic alignment in simple postures.
* Slow movements with pause or rest in between poses.
* Simple alignment instructions to increase self-awareness.
* Use of props and modification of poses to accomodate your body.
* Deep relaxation at the end of each class.
Registration is now open. Please register by April 23.
Course Fee: $120/person for 8 week course.
II. Qi-Gong Course:
George Nager, certified qi-gong instructor
Qigong is a well kept secret to self-healing. And anyone, at any age or level of fitness can enjoy it. The practice boosts the entire immune system and promotes overall wellness, balance, suppleness. It speeds healing and enhances mindfulness. In this series, you'll learn the Level 1 forms of qigong.
QiGong for Beginners
April 17 - June 5
Tuesdays @ 4:00-5:15pm
No experience needed. No special clothing required. You may wear street clothes.
(We also offer an ongoing qigong class on Saturdays at 8am.)
* Performed standing. It may be practiced seated in a chair, if necessary.
* Very gentle - the movements slow and meditative.
* Healing: No stress is ever placed on the joints.
* Perfect for seniors or anyone wth limited mobility/stiffness/tension.
* Suitable for those recovering from an injury.
* Guaranteed to leave you feeling peaceful, serene and calm.
* A traditional healing modality from China. It's been used instead of needles or medications and is an effective treatment for many health conditions.